Welcome to Sertar and Larung Gar, please check out the travel tips for Sertar.
Tibetan Customs and Travel Tipps for Sertar(Serthar or Seda)
1) There are many religious architectures in Sertar(Serthar or Seda), like temples, pagodas and so on. Don’t climb to those architectures, or walk in direction of counterclockwise.
2) Prayer flags are holy stuff. If flags fall down on the ground, Tibetan compatriots would lift flags and walk under them. So please do not step on those flags.
3) Please obey rules of no photoing in the hall of temples.
4) Don’t step on those stones craved with colorful Buddha image or sutra beside mountains and rivers.
5) In Tibetan area, local people are harmonious with wild animals, and those cute animals never hurt them. So please don’t hurt those kind animals.
6) Tibetan people think that Buddha are on their heads, so never touch their heads.
7) Tibetan people never pee at springs near rocks, because the think that God Dragon lives there. And if you insult this place, God Dragon will be mad, so you will be infected with disease.
8) There are etiquette for presenting Hada: if your present it to the elders or superiors, you should put it on the table or transfer to agent person; if you present it to your fellows, you should hand it over to them with your hands; if you present it to inferiors, you could just hang it on their necks.
9) If you want to take photos of local people, you should ask for their permissions in advance. If they don’t allow you to do this, please follow their mind.