Spend the day with pandas as a Panda Keeper!
Learn more about China’s pandas up close and personal. Spend half a day getting to know the Middle Kingdom’s most cuddly denizen at the Dujiangyan Panda Base while working together in the panda enclosures with the panda keepers as a volunteer.
Minimum travelers(9-67 years old): 1
7:00 a.m. Chengdu hotel/airport/train station pickup
You will be picked up from your hotel in Chengdu or airport or train station then taken to the panda base.
8:30 a.m. Arrive at Dujiangyan Panda Base
Arrive at Dujiangyan Panda Base in Dujiangyan. Register as a Dujiangyan Panda Base volunteer. Your experience will consist of working closely with the pandas and panda keepers in their enclosures. In the morning, your main jobs will be to clean the panda enclosures, make food and feed the pandas.
12:00 p.m. Lunch
2:00 p.m. More panda keeper activities
Clean the enclosure and feed the pandas again and make notes about their afternoon activities. Learn about the animal from the experts and get a certificate acknowledging your work as a panda volunteer.
Then back to the office to make panda cakes. Your cakes will be food of the pandas for the next day!
4:00 p.m. Depart for Chengdu
6:00 p.m. arrive your hotel
Price per person:
|1 Person||2 Persons||3 Persons||4 Persons||5 Persons||6 Persons||7 Persons||8 Persons||9 Persons|
* Price aboce is for Participants from 9 to 67 years old.
*The travellers who don’t take part in the program, can go with you and watch you doing the program. They should pay USD20 for the entrance ticket and lunch.
* Price for panda holding and taking pictures is CNY1800 per person, paid directly to the panda base as donation. But a reservation is absolutely needed because of the limit of the participant!
- Private driver & air-conditioned vehicle
- English-speaking guides
- Entrance fee to Dujiangyan Panda Base
- Fee for the keeper program
- Lunch at Dujiangyan Panda Base for the keeper program